Stay up-to-date on the latest updates from Christ Our Savior to COVID-19. You can find our most recent update here.
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
Throughout our adjusted living in this pandemic, it has been a challenge to plan long-term. Circumstance and situation in any location is fluid and requires flexibility. Yet, we navigate through it as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved. We develop plans and make decisions as people completely reliant on our God who never changes. We react to those plans entirely dependent upon the Spirit of God to fill us and show through us compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. We bear with each other, ever respectful of our brothers and sisters’ fears and concerns or comfort and ease. Above all, we put on the unconditional love our Savior has shown to us and that now shines through us in this unique time.
It is in that spirit that the leadership at Christ Our Savior have spent considerable time reviewing and discussing the concerns we have, and which many of you have expressed. We continue to monitor and incorporate federal, state and local public health orders and guidelines.
We are sharing with you the plan our leadership has agreed upon and the precautions we will continue to take. We are a church. We cannot micromanage your individual decisions as you make godly and appropriate choices that reflect your comfort level. We will love, encourage, and support you. Most importantly, we want you to be strengthened and encouraged as we gather around Word and Sacrament.
1. Resume in-person worship the first weekend in June, offering three services: Thursday, June 4 @ 7PM, Sunday, June 7 @ 8:30 AM & 11:00 AM. We will continue this Thursday evening and Sunday morning schedule for the foreseeable future.
2. We will do our best to accommodate social distancing guidelines (cf. The Precautions below), and we appreciate your flexibility and understanding.
Suspended Until Further Notice
1. Bible Class and Sunday School - Returns Sunday, September 13 @ 10:00 AM
2. Refreshments and coffee
3. All small group Bible Studies
1. We will use the main building entrance (under the portico) to enter and exit, but not linger in
the Gathering Space or use it for socializing. Doors will be held open so that no one needs
to touch the door handles as they come or go.
2. Physical distancing will be encouraged and maintained in the building and in the rows of
seats. Members of the same household may, of course, sit in close proximity to one another
in the same row. But there should be at least six feet between different groups. To
accomplish this, the ushers will help seat you.
3. The service folders will be placed on a table in the Gathering Space for you to pick up for
single use. It will also be made available digitally each week for you to download on your
4. Offerings will be placed in the basket at the back of the sanctuary.
5. Holy Communion will be offered on Communion Sundays utilizing continuous distribution.
More information will be forthcoming about distribution, flow, etc. Please follow the
direction of the ushers.
6. Worshipers will be ushered out at the end of the service in order to maintain distancing.
7. If you need to use the restroom, please use as much caution as you are able. Hand sanitizer
will be available outside the restrooms.
8. If you want to visit with fellow worshipers, please do this outside in the open air before you
enter the building prior to the beginning of the service, or after you leave the building
following the end of the service. It is important that there be no congregating of people at
the entrance to the building or in the Gathering Space. We have plenty of grass and asphalt
What Should You Do?
1. When you come to worship, please respect the physical distancing guidelines. We will be happy to see each other again, but now is not the time to greet one another with a holy kiss, handshake, or hug. We will leave creative “social distance greetings” up to you.
2. You are encouraged to wear a mask and other PPE in accordance with CDC guidelines at the Thursday night and 8:30am Sunday services.
a. You are required to wear a mask at the 11am Sunday service.
3. Continue to practice good hygiene, especially when washing your hands.
4. Continue to use common sense. If you are sick, have any of the symptoms of COVID-19, are at high risk of serious illness, or are uncomfortable attending services at this time, please stay home and utilize the virtual option for worship.
Finally, perhaps it could go without saying, but we will not let it: exercise Christian love, care, and
common sense. Each of you has your own cares, concerns, and thoughts about the pandemic and
reconvening. We are brothers and sisters in Christ who have longed over these past two months to
gather in God’s house and be encouraged by one another. Perhaps more than ever, we have the
incredible joy and privilege to do what the Apostle Paul encourages: clothe ourselves with
compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. May God grant this in us and among us as
we walk back through the doors of his house to be fed by him and to encourage one another!
Safe in Christ,
The Christ Our Savior Pastoral Staff
5/15/20 (updated 8/28/20)